MCG

Magic Club Gent Forum
It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:14 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:34 am 
Mahamoti Djinn

Hoe is het toch mogelijk, hoe is het toch mogelijk! Volgens de huidige lijst die wizards vandaag (gisteren) de wereld instuurde aangaande bans en suspensions, is Bertoncheaty WEER gesuspend en deze keer tot 2018. Sommige mensen leren het blijkbaar nooit.

(I think the rules that support this is anywhere on "716. Taking Shortcuts". But I won't be able to find their exact location because my wife achieved maximum loyality counters and is using them to 'ultimate me' to help her with dinner. I must end this post to resolve her ultimate ability ASAP or else... )

Vintage: Forever the disciple of all that is graveyard-based.
Legacy: Geen blauw? Sounds like a deal to me!!
Modern: Glass canon? Sign me up!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:20 pm 
Darksteel Colossus

Amai die is goed bezig, vanaf wanneer zou een lifetime ban aan de orde zijn?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:19 pm 
Mahamoti Djinn

Geen idee, maar hun beleid is dat ze voor inbreuken geen lifetime-ban doen, tenzij het gaat om assault of bedreigingen. Blijkbaar is de suspension nu voor het casten van een brainstorm en "vergeten" van 2 kaarten terug te leggen en dan te zeggen dat het een "may-effect" is. Allez, dat heb ik ook maar van iemand hé, ik weet het dus niet zeker.

EDIT: dat zeggen van may-effect kan ik uit onderstaande getuigenis niet halen en wss zal het wel gezever zijn.

(I think the rules that support this is anywhere on "716. Taking Shortcuts". But I won't be able to find their exact location because my wife achieved maximum loyality counters and is using them to 'ultimate me' to help her with dinner. I must end this post to resolve her ultimate ability ASAP or else... )

Last edited by Fredje on Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:42 pm 
Mahamoti Djinn

Voila: getuigenis gevonden aangaande de cheat:

So I would like to preface this story with the following:

Alex is a known cheater, but that doesn't mean that this particular instance was him cheating. He is known to be quite sloppy in his play at times.

I was watching him very closely from behind with one other friend of mine who knows Alex very well and this person could also corroborate my story.

I DO NOT know what was said between the players and the judge once the judge came over to the table.

With all of this out of the way, here's what I saw.

Alex was playing in round 4 of the Legacy open against a 12-post opponent who had 2 Islands and 5 post lands in play, while alex had 3 Volcs, one Island, and one Fetchland in play, along with a Young Pyromancer and a Blood Moon. Alex's opponent draws a card, and casts Candelabra, which resolves. He passes priority to Alex, who casts Price of Progess. Opp then casts Repeal targeting Alex's Pyromancer. Alex responds with a Pyroblast, and his Opp casts Flusterstorm for 5 copies. Alex thinks for a moment, and then casts Brainstorm. It resolves, and he draws 3 cards, going up to 6 cards in hand. At this point, Alex looks at his hand, thinks for a bit, and then organizes every spell on the stack in a physical stack to make things more clear, but he leaves the brainstorm in his graveyard. He then asks his Opp what the copies of Flusterstorm are targeting, to which his Opp says "all on Price". Then Alex asks his opp if the Pyroblast resolves against Repeal. His Opp says "yes", and so Alex says that Flusterstorm resolves. He then untaps his lands and draws a card for his turn.

If you haven't noticed, Alex failed to fully resolve Brainstorm when he did not place two cards from his hand onto the top of his deck. At this point, my friend and I quickly leave to call a judge over. My friend is the one who tells the judge to follow him, and at this point I stop watching the game.

I am then informed by my friend a number of minutes later, that after the head judge of the event was called over, they eventually concluded that they couldn't rewind the game to see how many cards Alex should have had at the start of his turn because between the time that we left to get the judge and the judge arriving on the scene, Alex had casts 2 Swiftspears, 2 Gitaxian Probes, and a Treasure Cruise.

I was unaware at the time that in a Competitive REL environment, you as a spectator can stop a match if you suspect that a player is cheating. Had I known this, I would have instantly done so. I am not posting here because I have some sort of personal vendetta against Alex; I have never spoken to him in my life. What does bother me however is that he seems to have a bunch of friends in the Magic community even though it is widely known that he cheated and it is known that he does very shady things. It makes me angry that people who love the game of Magic will go out of their way to be friends with someone who shits on the integrity of the game the way Alex does. If nothing happens from this post, that's fine with me, all I want to do is to let everyone know what I witnessed.

TL;DR: Alex probably still cheats, and he's willing to do it with multiple people watching him.

EDIT: Bertoncini has received a 3 year ban as of today. Thanks to everyone who helped this post get some traction, I don't think this was the reason he got banned but I'd like to think we all helped a little!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:34 pm 
Mahamoti Djinn

Toen ik de titel las, dacht ik dat Fred papa ging worden...

Maar hey, Bertoncini die er met zijn cheating ass uit getrapt wordt, vind ik ook wel goed :D.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:26 pm 
Sundering Titan

Tom, ik dacht precies hetzelfde:)

Van mij hadden ze Bertoncini levenslang een ban mogen geven.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:00 pm 
Legacy Champ BK 2007

robbert wrote:
Tom, ik dacht precies hetzelfde:)

Van mij hadden ze Bertoncini levenslang een ban mogen geven.

zin 1: +1
zin 2: volgende keer is het levenslang

Bant (GP Madrid 2010; BK trials 2016)
Shardless BUG (GP Straatsburg 2013 tem BK 2016)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:33 pm 
Goblin Welder

En Jared Boettcher ligt eruit voor de komende 46 maanden + titel kwijt.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 2014-10-30